Cardinal Santos Medical Center
About the Company
Cardinal Santos Medical Center (CSMC), formerly known as St. Paul’s Hospital of Manila, was originally founded by the Maryknoll Sisters before World War II. It was one of the many structures in the country destroyed by heavy artillery after the war. As part of a rebuilding program, the hospital was granted financial compensation by the US-Philippines War Damage Commission.
Due to economic difficulties brought about by post-war inflation, the Archdiocese of Manila, headed by Archbishop Rufino Cardinal Santos, provided financial aid for the reconstruction of the hospital.
It was instituted on August 15, 1974 and was named in honor of the archbishop who by then had already passed away. From this new beginning, then Cardinal Santos Memorial Hospital, a modern, 235-bed tertiary hospital became one of the country’s most sought-after medical centers for professional and excellent healthcare service.
In 1988, the hospital, renamed as Cardinal Santos Medical Center, was entrusted into the hands of Hospital Managers, Inc., a private company which managed the hospital’s business operations for over two decades.
At present, CSMC is being managed by Colinas Verdes Hospital Managers Corporation. Dr. Ma. Corazon Consunji was first to occupy the position as President and CEO under the current management and is now succeeded by Mr. Raul C. Pagdanganan
Under the new management team, CSMC has earned its place as one of the country’s leading hospitals specializing in the fields of Brain, Spine, Heart, Cancer and Minimally Invasive Surgery. It is also known for its expertise in Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pulmonary Medicine, Nephrology, Urology, and Rehabilitation Medicine.
Cardinal Santos Medical Center will be the hospital of choice providing excellent healthcare and world-class medical training.
- To provide expertise in the fields of neurosurgery, oncology, cardiology, and rehabilitation medicine.
- To be responsible for our patients, physicians, partners and people.
- To proactively respond to the health needs of the communities we serve.
- To achieve a sustainable growth and create value for our stakeholders.
- Our Core ValuesIntegrity – We are solid and trustworthy. We do the right thing even when no one is looking.
- Teamwork – We harness individual strengths and move forward as one.
- Excellence – We are relentless in the pursuit of bettering our best because our patients and customers deserve nothing less.
- Malasakit – We go beyond the call of duty. We manifest genuine love and solicitude for the profession, for our patients, for the organization, and for the communities we serve.
- Servant Leadership – We lead by example. We develop our people holistically and treat each other with respect and dignity.
Our Leadership Brand
We are Caring Cardinal Leaders.
This is the kind of leadership that we need to breed and cultivate a nurturing, safe and family – like environment.