- Provides quality nursing care to all patients
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide exceptional patient care and customer service.
- OR DUTIES
A. Prepares the operating room:
- Accomplishes daily checklist of all OR medicine, especially the emergency drugs, and ensures availability at any given time; reports to the O.R. supervisor whatever shortages for immediate appropriate action
- Ensures the availability of all OR supplies for any operative procedure (Preparing, packing and autoclaving of OR supplies/instruments)
- Checks all OR equipment/instruments, and reports to O.R. Supervisor, any defective item for immediate repair
- Ensures that all endorsements for OR procedures/schedules etc., are properly recorded in the OR Endorsement Logbook and are read daily for any OR update
- Preserves the Operating Room as a highly sterile area at all times (strictly follow the cleaning guidelines set by QA)
B. Pre-operative nursing care
- Checks the number of scheduled OR patients for the day
- For HMO patient, makes sure that the corresponding relative unit value (RUV) is approved before the operative procedure is done thru Philhealth coordinator.
- Receives scheduled OR patient from the clinic nurse, together with his charge slip or DRF.
- Verifies and carry out doctor’s order from SOAP module in the CMS.
- Establishes rapport with patient to win his trust, confidence and cooperation
- Explains procedures to patient and secures his written consent
- Completes the pre-operative checklist
- Prepares patient physically, psychologically, emotionally and spiritually
C. Intra-operative nursing care
- Ensures the safety and privacy of patient throughout the procedure
- Keeps watchful eye on patient’s condition during the procedure and be alert to inform the attending surgeon for any untoward sign/symptom or undesirable manifestation
- Observes aseptic technique
- Observes principle of infection control and universal precaution
- Maintains high level of composure, as well as presence of mind, and anticipates surgeon’s needs during the operation (circulating nurse)
- Accurately dispense supplies from the Inventory Management system at every end of the procedure.
D. Post-operative nursing care
- For patient who underwent sedation/spinal/general anesthesia, transfers patient to recovery room with utmost care
- Monitors/assesses patient’s condition and checks vital signs every 15 minutes until stable
- Reports at once to attending surgeon any untoward sign/symptom or undesirable manifestation
- Maintains patient’s safety and privacy until discharge
- Strictly carries out doctor’s orders
- Once fully awake, gives health teaching regarding home medication, care of post-operative wound and follow up visit
- For histopathology, labels specimen with the complete name of patient, and thoroughly fills up histopathology and DRF forms and sends to laboratory
E. Accurately computes the bills of patient and sends to cashier, instruct patient to settle the bills with the cashier Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishes and implements OR policies and procedures e.g. the day before the operation, OR nurse is responsible to inform/remind the doctor and the patient of the scheduled operation
- Ensures that Preventive Maintenance Service of all equipment/OR machine is regularly conducted
- Ensures that all QA requirements are being met
- Attends regular staff meeting
- Participates in monthly staff development programs
- Submits reports regularly and on time as required by the management.
- Maintains patient’s chart with utmost confidentiality
- Performs other related task assigned by the management
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing Graduate
- With active Philippine License
- With or without relevant work experience
- Amenable to work on Clinic location
- Can start ASAP
- Guaranteed Day shift schedule
- Competitive salary
- Group life insurance / HMO including dependent
- Accessible work location
- OT & Holiday premium / Paid leaves
- Company-sponsored training (with CPD accredited units)
- Promotion opportunities / Annual salary review
- More Benefits Upon Regularization!
WE ARE ALSO HIRING FOR OTHER MEDICAL POSITIONS: Med Tech – Quezon City, Mandaluyong, Taguig, Makati, Alabang, Manila Ultrasound Tech – Mandaluyong, Makati, Manila, Alabang 2D Echo Tech – Mandaluyong, Makati, Manila Rad Tech – Mandaluyong, Manila AND NON-MEDICAL/ NON-LICENSED Customer Relations Staff – Mandaluyong Philhealth Coordinator – Alabang, Mandaluyong Patient Care Coordinator – Mandaluyong