The Staff Nurse is responsible for the delivery of day to day patient care. Key job results include adherence to established patient care and clerical policies, protocols, service delivery standards and regulations and a satisfied customer.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides direct professional patient care and basic patient education to a specified number of patients.
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination, treatment, special tests and procedures.
- Prepares patients for diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Administers physician’s prescribed medication and monitors vital signs.
- Ensures the proper endorsements of patients to the incoming nursing staff. Conducts “nurses rounds”.
- Records and reports to physician any observed symptoms, reactions, treatments, and charges in the patients’ conditions.
- Understands and executes doctors’ orders.
- Oversees and guides the performance of Nursing Assistants, and Hospital Orderly.
- Practices safety, environmental, and/or infection control methods. Prepares end-of-shift report.
- Checks and encodes charges on procedures, supplies and medicines used, in the absence of charge clerks
- Performs other related functions assigned by superiors.
- BS Nursing Graduate
- Licensed/Registered Nurse
- Communication Skills
- Professionalism Skills
- Patient Care Skills
- Microsoft Office