Last modified: June 17, 2023
This is the medpath.ph Personal Data Protection Policy (“Policy”) which sets forth how medpath.ph manages, collects, uses and discloses your Personal Data, in accordance with the Philippine Data Privacy Act of 2012 (“the Data Privacy Act”).
medpath.ph may update this Policy to ensure that it is consistent with any changes in legal or regulatory requirements. Subject to your rights at law, you agree to be bound by the prevailing terms of the Personal Data Protection Policy as updated from time to time on our website.
In this Policy, Personal Data refers to any information whether recorded in a material form or not, from which the identity of a User (which may either be a Job Seeker or an Employer/Employer Representative) is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding the information, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify a User.
When you create a medpath.ph account, the personal information we collect may include your:
1. Job Seeker - contact information; gender; civil status; age; proof of identity; health, education, employment and business history; information regarding involvement in proceedings; proof of registration with the relevant government agencies; income information, and other resume information.
2. Employer/Employer Representative – name, email, contact number, billing address, payment method information, corporate details, and proof of identification.
Purposes for which Personal Information shall be Processed
medpath.ph may collect, use, and disclose your Personal Data to certain third-parties identified below, for the following purposes:
- Operating the online platform medpath.ph (the “Platform”), which allows employers in the healthcare industry to connect with quality medical professionals for their staffing requirements;
- Evaluating and verifying credentials and qualifications to determine proper matching between Job Seekers and Employers;
- Responding to your queries and requests, and other customer support functions;
- Preventing, detecting, and investigating disputes or fraud;
- Analytics and tracking;
- Conducting market research and surveys to enable us to develop marketing programs in relation to medpath.ph's services, and to improve User experience;
- Developing & customizing and providing you with additional services (For example, medpath.ph may use this information to create a profile that you may choose to use in the future. However, we will never activate this profile (or any other service) without your express consent;
- Developing and providing you with additional services;
- Advertising and marketing services offered by medpath.ph, or relevant and services from our preferred partners;
- Purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid; and
- Other legal purposes.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Subject to general principles of transparency, legitimate purpose and proportionality, and the execution of Data Sharing Agreements in accordance with the Data Privacy Act, your Personal Data may be disclosed, for the purposes listed above (where applicable), to the following:
- Employers, with respect to Job Seekers’ Personal Data; and Job Seekers, with respect to Employer/ Employer Representatives’ Personal Data, to connect Employers/Employer Representatives with Job Seekers, in connection with medpath.ph’s operation of the Platform, and the delivery of its services.
- medpath.ph’s related corporations, including its parent company, affiliates, and subsidiaries, to provide content, products, and services to you, address your questions and requests in relation to your User accounts, subscription, and billing arrangements, to activate, deactivate, install, maintain and operate our systems and/or services;
- Companies providing consultancy services to medpath.ph;
- Agents, contractors, or third-party service providers that provide operational services to medpath.ph, such as information technology, payment, training, market research, security, or other services;
- Vendors, partners, or third-party service providers in connection with marketing promotions and services offered by medpath.ph or its preferred partners;
- Any business partner, investor, assignee or transferee (actual or prospective) to facilitate business asset transactions (which may extend to any merger, acquisition or asset sale);
- Our professional advisers such as auditors and lawyers;
- Relevant government regulators, statutory boards or authorities or law enforcement agencies to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes imposed by any governmental authority; and
- Any other party to whom you authorize us to disclose your Personal Data to.
Scope and Method of Processing
medpath.ph collects Personal Data, either directly from you or from your authorized representatives (i.e. persons whom you have authorized, pursuant to our security procedures), from third-parties, or from publicly available sources or through our website in the following ways:
- When you submit a form, resume, or contract, for registering as a User in the Platform;
- When you interact with our customer service team, such as, but not limited to, via telephone calls, letters, face-to-face meetings and emails;
- When you request that we contact you, be included in an email or other mailing list;
- When you respond to our promotions, initiatives, or to any request for additional Personal Data;
- When you are contacted by, and respond to, our marketing representatives and customer service team;
- When we receive references from business partners and third parties, such as, but not limited to, where you have been referred by them; or
- When you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons.
When you browse our website, you generally do so anonymously except as otherwise described below on automated access.
If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third-party (e.g. information of your spouse, children, parents, employers, and references), by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the services you have requested.
We may store your personal data while you are a User, or as long as may be necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected.
Methods utilized for automated access
When you visit medpath.ph, our company servers will automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This data may include:
- Your computer's IP address;
- The pages within medpath.ph you visit;
- The time spent on those pages, items and information searched for on our site, access times and dates, and other statistics.
This information is collected for analysis and evaluation in order to help us improve our site and the services we provide. This data will not be used in association with any other Personal Data.
The Company shall implement reasonable and appropriate organizational, physical and technical measures to protect personal information against accidental loss or destruction, unlawful access, fraudulent misuse, unlawful destruction, alteration and contamination, including the implementation of an internal data protection policy to ensure compliance with the above measures.
In sharing your information directly with a third party, whether locally or abroad, (for example, following a referral from medpath.ph), the use of your information (personal or otherwise) by these parties will be governed by their own privacy policies and is not within the control of medpath.ph. We cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of these entities.
If you intend to exercise your rights to make inquiries, access, update, erase, destroy copies of, or correct your Personal Data, withdraw consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data, to obtain and electronically move, copy or transfer your data, or if you believe that your privacy has been breached, you may contact us through the Contact Information provided below.
Should you wish to withdraw your consent for the use and disclosure of your Personal Data to send you sales, marketing or promotional information via a specific mode, please inform us through the following:
- To withdraw consent from receiving SMS promotions: please unsubscribe by following the steps provided in the promotional SMS;
- To withdraw consent from promotional emails: please click on the Unsubscribe link in the promotional emails;
160 Robinson Road #14-04